The Pros of Pellet Stove Heating: by the Numbers
Millions of homeowners have discovered the benefits of heating all or part of their home with a pellet stove, because they know pellet stoves aren’t your average home appliance. In addition to providing the ultimate in home comfort, there are a myriad of reasons to have a pellet stove installed in your home. The numbers say it all:
- More than 1 million households in the U.S. are now heating with a pellet stove or insert.
- Most pellet stoves can provide 24 hours of steady heat on just one hopper of pellets.
- Depending on the size of the stove and the floor plan, pellet stoves can heat up to 2,500 square feet and cost as little as $4 per day.
- Many Harman pellet stove models are up to 89% efficient.
- Burning one ton of pellets instead of oil reduces carbon emissions by nearly 1.5 tons, according to the Pellet Fuels Institute.
- Harman’s Exhaust Sensing technology constantly monitors and adjusts heat levels within 1 degree of your set temperature.
- For many homeowners, the #1 reason for installing a pellet stove is reducing heating costs. You can calculate your approximate savings using this pellet fuel savings calculator.
We have one more number for you: 10. As in Top 10 Reasons to Buy a Harman Pellet Stove.